Exploratory Sundays for kids and adults
Discover a range of drawing and painting exercises in a supported environment that are focused on EXPLORING! These sessions dig into art-making as a SENSORY EXPERIENCE.
Referencing key artists, these workshops will enhance an appreciation of the methods used and develop your understanding of contemporary drawing and painting. Short PLAYFUL exercises will encourage you to break old habits and seek ways to improve confidence in observation and expression.
Each week we will focus on a different theme aimed at empowering students to feel confident and entitled to their own creativity and understand that creativity can be a catalyst for change, reflection and well-being.
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS AIMED AT:
- KIDS and ADULTS are welcome. (Please see age policy below.)
- Suitable for teens that are 16yrs+ thinking about building their
art portfolios OR students wishing to strengthen their IGCSE/
IB/ A Level portfolios.
- Adults that feel they “are not artistic”, but have always wanted
to try their hand at making art.
- Artists that would like to try EXPERIMENTAL art techniques
and explore the sensory qualities of making art.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Mark-making, drawing to sounds, making our own tools,
collaborating with our fellow creatives, guided PLAY.
- Yes, we will get our hands dirty!
- It is process-driven and experimental. THIS MEANS YOU WILL
NOT GO HOME WITH A ‘FINISHED PIECE’ EVERY WEEK.
- Learning the process of turning simple exercises into complex
Sunday 21 July: COLOUR. Creating chaos and calm with colour. Sunday 28 July: TEXTURE. The power of touch.
Sunday 18 August: THE PHYSICAL BODY IN ART-MAKING.
Sunday 25 August: MUSIC. Using sounds to get the juices flowing.
DROP-INS are welcome, but we prefer to know that you are coming so we can prepare. Please feel free to attend any or all of the sessions.
BOOKINGS: Please message Laurie on +66939500046 or e-mail email@example.com
Youngsters (age 10 yrs+) that are able to work independently without being a distraction to the rest of the class are welcome to join.
Wear OLD clothes. I cannot emphasise this enough.
- Sessions are 1500 each when paying in cash
- 1600THB p/session when doing a bank transfer
- 10% discount for 2+ family members paid for together on the 1st visit.
All materials are included.
"For the longest time I wanted to create a course that blends together all my favourite creative exercises. Many people feel the need to create art but are intimidated by the process in the fear of making a mistake, making a mess or not making a ‘good enough’ picture. I believe EVERYONE is entitled to expressing themselves creatively. Creativity is a part of each and every one of us. It needs to be nurtured, recognised, protected and developed." - Elzahn Nel (artist and course instructor)